Convent of San Francisco
Of the Franciscan convent of Teguise all that is left is the church, a temple dedicated to Our Lady of Miraflores. In 1588, Gonzalo Argote ordered the construction of this religious complex, which was to become the first convent founded on the island of Lanzarote and making its church, in turn, a military target and the victim of numerous lootings and arson attacks. The holy site used to be made up of two sets of buildings: the church and the monastic outbuildings. On the left-hand side was the area where the monks lived and which, after the disentailment of church property in the first half of the 19th century, passed into the hands of private owners, with some remnants of the original cloister still being retained. Today, these remains, together with the former Dominican convent church, conserve the most important collection of Mudejar roofs in Lanzarote. The building has now been reconverted into the Museum of Sacred Art, with original elements such as the baroque altarpieces dedicated to Nuestra Señora de Miraflores, San Antonio de Padua and Nuestra Señora de la Inmaculada Concepción being preserved.